Monday, January 9, 2012

Tinted Lip Balms

Here are swatches of a couple tinted lip balms I've posted about in the past: Hurraw! Tinted Lip Balm in Black Cherry and Yes to Carrots Color Balm in Soft Plum. As a bonus I included some swatches of Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm, which I received in my Christmas stocking.

L-R: BB Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom 1 coat, 3 coats; Hurraw! Tinted Lip Balm Black Cherry 1 coat, 3 coats; Yes to Carrots Color Balm in Soft Plum 1 coat, 3 coats.

Hopefully someday (read: when I'm not plagued by stress break outs), I will show you some swatches on my lips!

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom is very light and deposits a sheer was of color. The balm sweeps on smoothly, feels great on the lips, and has a sweet, bubble-gummy smell. I'm not crazy about the scent, but that's OK. I haven't used it a lot, but I would guess that it's fairly moisturizing. I was actually hoping for more pigmentation from this product. I will definitely use this one up, but maybe in the future I will try other colors. I would give it an initial 3 stars out of 5.

Hope these swatches are helpful! Everyone have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment