Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tree Hut Shea Body Butter - Hawaiian Kukui and Tahitian Grass

Back at the beginning of the year I reviewed Tree Hut's Shea Body Butter in the Original Shea and Coconut Lime scents (click the links to visit my reviews). Tree Hut Shea Body Butter (TH SBB) is also available in Almond & Honey, Brazilian Nut, and Hawaiian Kukui scents - I'm here to give you the inside sniff on Hawaiian Kukui.



Check out that luscious whipped texture!
Kukui is a nut tree native to certain parts of Asia and the Pacific Islands. Its nuts have a high oil content and will burn when they come in contact with flame, earning the kukui tree the nickname "candlenut tree". Pacific Islanders have used kukui nut oil as a hair and skin moisturizer for centuries, and kukui nut oil is a star ingredient in Tree Hut's Shea Body Butter in Hawaiian Kukui.

Hawaiian Kukui's scent is hard to describe, but to me, it is equally nutty, floral, and fruity. I originally thought it might be a little too sweet for me (anything even remotely sweet turns saccharin on my skin), but it's growing on me. I pick up a light, pretty banana note in this scent that reminds me of fresh, local bananas I ate on Kauai. It's not overpoweringly banana-y at all, and I'm curious whether other sniffers would even pick out the same note. I'm still pretty faithful to the Original Shea scent, but Hawaiian Kukui takes me on an irresistable mental vacation every time I catch a whiff.


TH SBB in Hawaiian Kukui, hanging out under the plumeria tree with TH SBB in Tahitian Grass (discontinued). If you're curious how Tahitian Grass smells ask away!

Green Beauty Blog Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment