Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Beachcomber Budd's Pure Coconut Oil

 Kona, Hawaii

I'm back to school next week, and right about now I am foaming at the mouth for a relaxing vacation. Unfortunately I don't have the time and money to take a vacay now :( Coming through in the clutch is Beachcomber Budd's Pure Coconut Oil ($8.29/8oz.), helping me imagine myself in paradise when I can't quite get there.



Beachcomber Budd's Pure Coconut Oil is pretty much that - the only ingredients are coconut oil and fragrance. The fragrance is probably synthetic, which I could do without, but it does make the oil smell even more wonderfully of coconut. I was concerned that the oil would make my skin too greasy, but it soaked right in after a bath and left my skin feeling really soft. I've heard people rave about coconut oil as a hair moisturizer and styling product, so maybe I'll try it for that purpose next!

Price-wise, you pay about $1.00 per ounce of oil, which is pretty reasonable in my book. I picked up my bottle of Beachcomber Budd's at the ABC store in Hawaii, but if you aren't traveling to the islands soon, you can find coconut oil at most grocery stores and Asian food markets. Hey, if it doesn't work out as a moisturizer, at least you can cook with it!

Green Beauty Blog Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment