Thursday, September 1, 2011

beekind

 San Francisco Ferry Building (Photo by Wikipedia user JaGa)

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area so from time to time I end up at the San Francisco Ferry Building. I love the Ferry Building for many reasons, one of them being the excellent shopping :) A company called beekind has had a kiosk in the Ferry Building for a while now, and I always walk past but have never stopped. In a moment of curiosity I checked out their website and I am now committed to visiting beekind next time I am in the city.

Not only does beekind sell natural honeys, soaps, lotions, candles, and other treats, they also teach beekeeping classes and sell beekeeping supplies! Awesome! Below is some additional info about beekind pulled from the Ferry Building website:

Beekind Honey Shop:   Beekind is run by the husband and wife team of Doug and Katia Vincent, and daughter Bri.  Doug and Katia opened their original Beekind store in Sebastopol in 2004.  At the Ferry Building, Beekind specializes in honey and beeswax candles. The shop sells honey Doug and Katia have collected from their own bees, along with honey from many Bay Area beekeepers, and major varietal honeys from around the U.S.  Doug has taken home Gold Medal awards for his candles from the Sonoma County Harvest Fair.

It sounds like a lot of love goes into the business, which makes me excited about their products (especially the Eucalyptus Honey). If I bring something home from my visit I will be sure to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment