Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lip du Jour

Lately my lip du jour has been a wash of geoGirl lipshine in Pomegranate over a layer of lip balm. After applying lip balm I smooth on a few layers of the geogirl Lipshine and then blend everything together with my finger. The result is a sheer, semi-matte tint that's bright but very wearable. This look is super easy and cheap to create - all you need is a good lip balm, which can be had for just a few bucks, plus the geoGirl lipshine, which retails for about $4.

I find that the geoGirl lipshines do best over a layer of lip balm as their thick, slightly waxy texture can cause product to get stuck on rough spots or settle into fine lines. Still, for their price they deliver good pigmentation, contain mostly natural ingredients, and come in mostly recyclable packaging.


No lip balm, no nothing!


1 layer lip balm + 2-3 layers geoGirl lipshine in Pomegranate


If anyone is curious, the lip balm I used for these pictures is Kiss My Face SPF 15 Lip Balm in Sliced Peach, which is one of my favorites.

Hope you enjoy! I'm trying to get more pictures of my mug up on this blog, and slowly work toward some Face of the Day posts. Time permitting, of course!

4 comments:

  1. I really like this color on you, sheer and subtle and very flattering! Can't wait for some FOTD posts...! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color, so natural :)

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really digging sheer lip colors lately, so natural-looking and low maintenance :)

      Delete