Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Labello Fruity Shine Lip Balm in Pink Guava

Meet a lip balm junkie's new #1: Labello Fruity Shine Lip Balm in Pink Guava!

Labello is a German company which has produced lip balm for over 100 years (so you know it's good :P). Stateside Labello does business as Nivea, though the products sold under each brand vary a bit. I have heard so many good things about Labello from those who have visited Europe, so I made sure to pick some up while I was there recently. This product isn't currently sold in the U.S. under the Nivea brand, but you can buy it here (while supplies last!). In Europe it retails for about 2 euros ($3 USD) per tube.

The three things I love, love, love about this lip balm are:

1. It's very moisturizing without being too oily or waxy.
2. It has a very flattering, buildable pink tint with just a bit of shimmer.
3. It has a deliciously fruity scent (to me it smells more like watermelon than guava, but it is a fantastic scent nonetheless).

And of course, bonus points for cute packaging :) I was actually concerned that the design on the bullet case would get scratched before I had the chance to take a picture, but it's been banging around in my purse for a couple weeks and no scratches yet!

For sensitive noses: The scent is definitely present and doesn't fade much after application, so you may want to sniff before you buy. I personally think it's yummy, and find myself reapplying during work as a "pick-me-up". Um, yeah.


The bullet/packaging


Undressed!


Check out that shimmer :)


L-R: 1 swipe, 5 swipes


I give this lip balm an A+; best souvenir I've bought in a long time!


P.S. - In my haste to get my grubby fingers on this product I tore apart and threw away the packaging. So, unfortunately I'm not able to advise of any specific ingredients other than guava extract :( I did do a scan of the ingredients before I decided to buy it though, and from what I remember nothing too unsavory was in there (silicones, parabens). If I can find the ingredients somewhere I will post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment