Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme


The dry winter air wreaks havoc on my dry-to-begin-with toots. My weapon to fight back with? Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme.


Thanks to its base of olive and coconut oils the product has a consistency more like thin petroleum jelly than cream. Of course, BB's Coconut Foot Creme doesn't contain any of the petroleum byproducts good old Vaseline contains (which, in my weakness, I still keep on hand for especially dry moments). The hydrophobic property of coconut oil prevents the product from soaking in completely, but it's the residual layer that actually protects your skin. If you don't like the idea of having leftover product on your skin, this may not be the product for you. But in my experience, as long as you slap on a pair of socks after applying you don't have to worry about sticky feet or slipping out of your shoes :)

I don't find BB's Coconut Foot Creme to be as effective as petroleum jelly or foot creams with chemical emollients like silicones, but for a 98.6% natural product I think it does a good job. It smells like coconut and mint, which pair surprisingly well and combine more successfully than the notes in other Burt's Bees products. The scent gets me thinking about summer, which is always a perk in the dead of winter.

You can find BB's Coconut Foot Creme at most drugstores and the 4.34 oz. bottle retails for a reasonable $9. If your feet are thirsty for some moisture this winter, I would definitely recommend you give this creme a try!

Green Beauty Blog Rating: B

No comments:

Post a Comment