Sunday, April 24, 2011

Minty Fresh

The weather in the Bay Area is warming up, which to me means that summer is right around the corner! Which is great, except that summer is also swim suit season...so warmer weather also means more working out. The following minty fresh products have been keeping me cool as the mercury rises and my exercise routine amps up.

Burt's Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash ($8/12oz) has a nice, thick consistency and foams lightly. I love using this body wash as a pick-me-up after a tough workout because the peppermint and rosemary oils in the product are naturally cooling on skin and invigorating. Another thing I appreciate about the product is that the minty scent isn't saccharin sweet; it's more of a naturally sweet herbal scent. After 30 minutes on the elliptical, a warm shower and some aromatherapy by way of this body wash are entirely welcome.


 
After the shower I like to slather on some Yes to Cucumbers Cooling Body Butter ($13/8.45oz). The body butter is a thick cream with the same fresh, jasmine scent as the rest of the Yes to Cucumbers line. It spreads easily over skin and soaks in within 10 minutes or so. I haven't noticed any cooling sensations when using this product but I do think it would make a killer after-sun cream if left in the fridge.

As for hair...



I've been using Organix Teatree Mint Shampoo and Conditioner ($6/13oz. each) on and off for the past few months. Pretty appropriately, my feelings about the product have also been on-again-off-again. For the record - I have thin, normal to dry hair. When I first got these products I liked the shampoo's high-foam lather and the conditioner's thick consistency. But after using both for a few weeks, I didn't feel that my hair was moisturized enough. I switched to other products for a while and then recently switched back to the Organix, but I'm still not sold. I think that this duo's light moisturizing effects might work better for me in the summer when my hair tends to be a little oilier and I end us washing my hair more often due to pool trips and outdoor activities.


Green Beauty Blog Report Card:


Burt's Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash: A

Yes to Cucumbers Cooling Body Butter: A

Organix Teatree Mint Shampoo and Conditioner: C-


Is the weather warming up where you live? If so, what do you do to keep cool? Is there a minty beauty product that you love?

2 comments:

  1. Mm, that body wash sounds like it would be right up my alley! I wonder how the scent compares to Dr Brommer's peppermint soap. Too bad aout the Organix hair care line. I keep wanting to try the Argan Oil stuff, but I've heard so many mixed reviews of the products :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say the Burt's Bees and Dr. Brommer's peppermint body washes smell about the same. I've never tried the Organix Argan Oil stuff, I wonder if it would be more moisturizing...

    ReplyDelete