Thursday, April 29, 2010

Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss


How many of my girls out there like their lip gloss? I'm raising my hand with you :) When I was a kid I was obsessed with BonneBell lip balms (and Rainbow Brite - ya feel me, '90s girls?). As I grew older I moved on to Urban Decay's lip gunk and now I'm loving Korres' lip glosses...but back to the product at hand!

In the past few years, Burt's Bees has expanded its product line to include glorious, glorious lip gloss. For those who are just hopping on the "green" train, I would recommend Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss as a good product to start with. It has a non-sticky consistency, sheer tint, lots of shimmer, and a nice citrus-y scent.

Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in Sweet Pink


Rather than synthetic or petroleum-derived emollients, this lip gloss contains moisturizing castor seed oil, sunflower seed oil, acacia decurrens wax, and sweet almond oil. These ingredients contribute to the slippery texture, which doesn't catch hair in the wind and keeps lips feeling smooth, not tacky. They also help to make it 100% natural.

You can find this lip gloss at virtually every drug store, Target, Walmart, and natural food store with beauty section - usually at $7 or under. It also comes in six colors from clear to spicy red. To buy online, visit http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/lips-lip-shimmer-gloss/super-shiny-lip-gloss.html.

Green Beauty Blog Rating: A
Eco-friendly Rating: A!

Has anyone else tried this gloss? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment