Saturday, September 17, 2011

Puffy Eyes

It's been a while since I last posted. Between work, school, and crazy things going on in my personal life, I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should be. The result - puffy eyes! I never, ever get puffy eyes, but for the few weeks my eyelids have been slightly swollen (just slightly, and no redness, so I won't be visiting the doctor). I've realized that the only true way to combat puffy eyes is to catch up on the sleep I've been missing, but in the meantime I've been using a few natural remedies to keep them in check.

1. Ice cubes
I run them over my eyelids when they're feeling especially puffy - the icy temperature constricts blood vessels to reduce swelling.

2. Tea bags
After making myself a cuppa tea I've been saving the tea bags and popping them in the freezer for a few minutes before applying to my eyelids. The caffeine in the tea and the chilly temperature, again, help with swelling. It feels so good....ah...

Now, off to catch some zzzz's.........

No comments:

Post a Comment