Monday, May 10, 2010

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Eye Makeup Remover Fluid


In two words this product is: cheap, easy (who doesn't like that ;) ). If I can have one more word, this product is: super-green! Most of the ingredients are produced from organic, eco-conscious farming; earning the product an ECO CERT seal; and the metal packaging is recyclable.

A few months ago I bought two 4fl oz. (120mL) bottles of this stuff at Target for $6.97 each (one bottle for the boyfriend's place, one bottle for mine). I still haven't finished either. You can either buy a bottle of the fluid (which I've recently seen with a pump on top for easy dispensing) or a tin of thin cotton rounds pre-moistened with product. The big pro about the tin of rounds is that it has a screw-on top, so it doesn't dry out like many packaged wipes can.

This eye makeup remover is one of those products you can find at the drug store, most value stores, and even some natural food or grocery stores with beauty sections. It smells like a field of blooming lavender. Sometimes for kicks I use it as a toner.

Anyway...It's hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive eyes, so contact wearers / itchy eye people take note! Its mix of water (seriously, first ingredient), natural extracts, essential oils, and aloe juice magically remove the remnants of eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara that hang around after I wash my face. I do find that if I'm removing makeup after a night out on the town, I might need to make a couple go's before all of my eye paint is gone.

I should say- I haven't used this remover on any long wear makeup, other than Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, which it seems to remove. I doubt it would be able to remove waterproof mascara or say, that Maybelline concealer that is supposed to stay put for 24 hours (?!!). So for girls that prefer long wear makeup, you might stick with a remover that packs a bigger punch. For girls like me, that wear a medium amount of non-long wear makeup from day to day, this product is a must!

As stated on the packaging, this product is:

-100% Free of Harsh Chemicals
-100% Free of Synthetic Preservatives
-100% Free of Parabens
-100% Free of GMO's (Geneticall Modified Organisms, like genetically-engineered plant strains)
-100% Free of Synthetic Colors
-100% Free of Synthetic Fragrances
-100% Cruelty Free

Green Beauty Blog Rating: A+ against regular wear makeup
Eco-Friendly Rating: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment